Today is Emerald Interior Design Blogs 4th birthday!
The last 4 years have been a wonderful adventure for me and to all of you that
stopped by to read,
or shared with friends,
I thank you so much for all your encouragement and support. It really means a lot to me.
While I established Emerald Interior Design in 2008, it was another 2 years before I started blogging. And it was on 2nd October 2010 when the words “Hello World” stared out from my computer screen!
Back then I never thought for a second that anyone would be bothered reading my ramblings. But read you did and to prove it here are some of my stats from the last 4 years:
- +306,000 Visitors
- +4,100 Social Media connections
- +3,000 average monthly re-pins
- 285 Posts
- Top 5 countries by visitors: Ireland, UK, United States, Canada, Australia
One of the things I love about blogging is the way you get to connect with people from all over the globe. It’s a weird but amazing friendship where you can form a bond with people without ever having met them.
But even though we’ve a shared interest and are virtual friends in this little community of ours, we don’t know a lot about each other!
So that got me thinking. I saw this post from Camila over at Effortless Style a long while ago and I really liked the idea so I thought I’d give it a go. It’s a fun little “Getting to know you” Q&A which hopefully will help us to learn a little bit about each other.
It’s only a bit of fun, so don’t worry I wouldn’t dare ask you anything personal 🙂
Just copy and paste the questions below into the comment section and add your responses.
- Current location:
- Day Job/Career:
- Last purchase for your home:
- Favourite place in your home:
- Favourite place in the world:
- Tea, coffee, wine, spirits or beer:
- Decorating Wish List – if money was no object, what design project would you like to do in your home:
I’ll start the ball rolling:
1. Current Location: Born and bred in Dublin’s fair city
2. Day Job/Career: Interior Designer/Blogger
3. Last purchase for your home: As many of you know, we have just sold our home and we are looking for a wreck we can renovate. We are living with my mum in the meantime so I’m going through a stage of withdrawals not having bought anything recently 🙁 But I’m happy in the knowledge that soon we’ll have a new home to fill.
4. Favourite place in your home: I love entertaining so it would have to be the dining table. That’s where family and friends come together, sit around the table, eat, chat, laugh and simply enjoy each others company.
5. Favourite place in the world: Pretty much anywhere that big orange thing is in the sky! But I do love the Adriatic coast as the scenery is just stunning, the food is delish and the people are so welcoming.
6. Tea, coffee, wine, spirits or beer: All of them….. I’m Irish 🙂 But in order of importance coffee, wine, beer, tea, spirits!
7. Decorating Wish List – if money was no object, what design project would you like to do in your home: Please God, I’ll have a whole new house to redesign soon 🙂
Now it’s your turn. I’d love to hear your responses. Again just copy and paste the questions into the comments section and add your response.
Over to you……..