After a long stressful day there is nothing nicer than coming home, kicking off your shoes and relaxing for the evening.
This time of year we spend a lot more time indoors. Whether you’re sitting in front of the TV watching X-Factor or snuggled up with a good book, a warm, cosy and comfortable living space is a must to unwind from the stresses of the day.
But achieving your look needn’t cost the earth. Follow these tips to achieve your look without breaking the bank.
Clarissa Corner Sofa with Chaise from Littlewoods Ireland
- Keep the walls neutral and allow your soft furnishings and accessories take centre stage. The sofa is often the biggest purchase in the room so stick with a neutral colour. It’s so much easier to change the look by simply changing your accessories.
- Introduce textures and layers for a warm cosy feel. A large vibrant rug or piece of art is much more dramatic than an entire painted wall.
- Consider dual purpose furniture. Coffee tables and lamp tables with drawers or storage is a must in small spaces.
- Bring your look together by picking out accent colours and repeating them throughout the scheme.
- When adding accessories use even numbers for a traditional look while odd numbers work better in a contemporary setting – 3 vases, candlesticks etc.
Disclaimer: This article has been brought to you in association with Littlewoods Ireland. All the elements used in the mood board are available from their website.